Friday, February 26, 2010

Planning: Down De Isle - Steel Pan

In case you missed it I am a Caribbean girl at heart. Born on the Island of Jamaica, WI and return every chance I get to feel that beautiful island breeze. Being a Caribbean girl, my personal events always have a flair for the Caribbean, and thus I have thought to share some of my island flair with you, our faithful blog readers.

Fresh off a visit from Carnival in Trinidad, my first option for you is to incorporate the islands into your event is through music. Not just any music, Steel Pan. Take a look (and a listen) ...




Think of the reaction from your guests as they are serenaded by the sounds of the steel pan while they enter the ceremony, during cocktail hour or as they enter the reception. Or as a precursor to a DJ for your birthday party or other celebration. It's fun, festive and a nice change from the norm. Now, this will not work for every event, BUT if you are looking to spruce things up a bit and add a bit of flair, then this may be an option for you to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails