Friday, April 29, 2011

Parties: A Date with William & Kate

YES!...I was one of those that set my alarm for 4:00am (EST) to join in the hooplah that was the marriage of William & Kate, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Why? Because I'm a hopeless sap and not to mention I'm a wedding planner and this IS a wedding right? And the Duke & Duchess are friends in my head and like a true friend I wouldn't miss it for the world. The overall event was long but very grand as any Royal's event should be. My favorite parts were:
  • How beautiful Kate looked in her Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen gown. Accented with a Cartier tiara and a gorgeous transparent veil. She looked stunning!
  • When Prince Harry turned to look back at Kate walking in and leaned over to William to whisper in his ear. I don't know what was said but I could only imagine from bro to bro he said " you did good"
  • When Prince William leaned into his bride and said "you look beautiful"...sighhhhhh
  • How hard it was to get Kate's ring on her finger. hey... NO wedding is perfect. It is just Perfect for YOU!
  • The kiss (s)...nuff said
  • How much Prince William's demeanor reminded me of his mother Princess Diana (RIP)
  • The sea of hats...from grand to grandeur to OMG..that's a hat!
  • The little flower girls reminiscent of the wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana
  • Pippa looking fabulous in her ivory satin based crepe dress by Sarah Barton for Alexander McQueen.
  • How overall happy they look


I wish William & Kathe, the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge a long happy and prosperous marriage. and Thank you so much for allowing us all a front row seat

Pssst...William, your mom is SO proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails