Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Planning: Love Your Wedding Like Yuh Playing Mas



There is no shame in my game, I LOVE Weddings and I LOVE Carnival (not the circus...picture Rio De Janeiro). Therefore one of my favorite things to do as a Wedding Planner is to merge my two loves together. If you have every experienced a Carnival in [Insert any Caribbean Island HERE] then you know it's a feeling like no other. The euphoria, the joy, the "nothing else can top this feeling", the "cast your troubles away feeling", the "everyone is so happy and awesome" feeling, then you know why I want my clients to LOVE their wedding like they are playing mas (as in masquerading). Wouldn't you like to experience your wedding and feel like "nothing else can top this"...I would and my client should as well. So while some clients will express to me that carnival is their favorite time of the year I try to show them well let's bring the essence of carnival into your big day.


So if this Tribe Azalea carnival costume was the my clients inspiration, their wedding would look like:


Inspiration for your wedding can and should come from ANYWHERE. So why not use what you love especially if it is what joins you and your love together and celebrate.  Embrace the culture, embrace the color, enjoy the music, feel the vibes, relive the excitement that carnival, or whatever it is brings you and Love your wedding like yuh playing mas!





Photo: courtesy of Etsy

2 comments:

  1. She is back!!! You already know what my wedding will look like lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails