Friday, August 21, 2009

Planning: A Little Bit A' Color

Take a good look at this picture and tell me what you see. Go ahead I will give you a minute......Now, what do you see?

Since you asked (I am sure you did) this is what I see. I see simplicity at it's best. I see the essence of style oozing from this canvas. And I see a beautiful setting infused with punches of color. Do you see it?

Now take another look at this picture. Go ahead I will give you another minute........ I now want you to visualize it with white linens (table cover and napkins). Hmmm nice right, buuuuut...

Do not underestimate the power that adding a little color can do to your bridal canvas. Many brides feel in order to have a beautiful wedding they have to have a lot of EVERYTHING. Then they get discouraged when they realize it is not within their means to afford EVERYTHING. But, a little bit a' color properly placed can take your design onto a whole new playing field that you never imagined your budget could take you. Don't get me wrong, I very much appreciate the pureness of a white design; sexy, elegant and demure. But nothing stretches the visual budget like a punch of the right color in the right place.

How have you incorporated punches of color in your design?

Credits
Photo courtesy of The Knot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails