Friday, January 29, 2010

Parties: Celebrations

So yesterday (1/28/10), Preston Bailey sent out a tweet stating he has 5 more tickets for his Celebrations Book Launch party and the first 5 NY'ers to tweet their borough will win. Now, you know this Brooklyn girl was quick to tweet BROOKLYN right. And wha-dayah-know I won. Not only did I win, but my great friend Beverly over at Capries Events won as well!!!

So giddy and excited, later that evening we made our way over to the Amory in NYC, walked in and was AMAZED. In true Preston Bailey style, the decor was sexy, beautiful and just FABULOUS. We mingled, sipped on the evenings specialty drinks (Leblon Caipirinha & Celebrations Caipirinha), nibbled on hors d'oeuvres like mini philly cheesesteak rolls and sampled the deserts like, my fave, mini red velvet cupcakes. Gloria Gaynor showed us that she can still "Survive". And we danced our hearts out to Martha Wash when it started raining men.

Simply Dazzling!!!

My friend and I made sure to thank Mr. Bailey for a wonderful evening and in true Preston Bailey fashion, he thanked us right back for coming. He is such an engaging, welcoming, friendly and fabulous individual.

I could go on and on and on about the party but I'll stop rambling now and show you some of the amazing sights from last night:






Gloria Gaynor


Martha Wash

Mr. Preston Bailey




Mr. Preston Bailey

The cover of his new book up in lights

(which I purchased and LOVE)

Sweet Treats


These mini philly cheesesteak rolls were deeee-lish
(and it didn't hurt that HE was serving them)







I've said it before and I will say it again...TWITTER ROCKS!

Check out the JunePlumm Events Fan page later for more photos from last nights party.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed a fabulous evening with equally fabulous people.

    Patty V.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails