Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Planning: How You Like Me Now?

A few months ago, I contracted a logo design company to design a logo for me. I was very specific and upfront with the designers as I knew what I wanted out of the partnership and wanted to be sure they knew it as well. Therefore I clearly stated my expectations, the look I was aiming for , the color choice, the style and feeling I wanted to evoke. I even provided several font, color and style references to pull inspiration from. So, thinking we were all on the same page and have confirmed all the deliverables, why was I given foolishness after foolishness after foolishness. Needless to say the relationship with that design firm ended with me as very unsatisfied and unhappy client.

I soooooooo want to point them out right now and put their name in neon, bold and supersize font, but I will not. I have better things to do with my time than to give THEM free publicity.

Fast forward a few weeks or maybe months, lost track of time, and I was blessed to be introduced to Creative Director, William Ellis. I have to admit, even with the rave recommendations of two very close and trustworthy sources I was still hesitant and concerned that this was going to be another walk down a path of, "here take this". Well to my surprise I was wrong and my sources were correct. Mr. Ellis was given the same information as the previous design company and the same deliverables outlined. He listened, he designed and he delivered a logo that represents, JunePlumm Events flawlessly. Thank you William Ellis. I was even more shocked that I was excited about what he sent on the first round (I am a bit picky...just a bit). Now why couldn't those other folks do that...goodness.


So here it is:

The suspense is killing me, what do you think about the logo (psst...did I tell you that I LOVE IT)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails