Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Planning: The Old Skool...Part 1

While on my mini break that became an extended vaca (my bad) I started catching up on some of my bridal mags and literature. I became engrossed in the fall/winter issue of Brides New York, particularly an article on trends. It lists, what is becoming old skool, new skool and too cool for skool. I want to share the list with you but I will break it into 3 posts. Don’t want to inundate you with TMI (well not all at once at least).
Beginning with the old skool (trends that need to be retired), according to Brides New York, these trends will soon have maxed out on their 15 minutes of fame:

Eco-Everything: Not sure I agree with the fact that it is getting outdated just yet. We still need to be aware of the care and maintenance of our planet in all aspects of our lives.

Wedding Tchotchkes: Agreed. Stop wasting time with doohickeys, whatchamacallits and thingamajigs. It’s not worth the money.

Crazy Brides aka Bridezillas. Agreed. Do you really think it is cute to be referred to as a crazy lunatic who should be institutionalized…really?

Choreographed Group Dancing: Not Agreed. I agree it no longer holds it’s “surprise” factor. But who wouldn’t love to see a choreographed routine featuring hubby in front of 150 of his closest friends who knows he couldn’t dance on beat if you paid him…priceless . The act of him giving it a good faith effort to entertain his guests is enough to keep me interested…for now at least

Colored Sashes: On the fence on this one. I feel if it is used correctly, it can still be a welcomed burst of color.

Pink/Brown: ahhhm okay, not sure this was an "in" trend, but if it was then it is time to move on.

Damask: I completely agree that it is a popular trend, however I am not ready to see this go away just yet.


"At Last": I completely Agree. Although I love this song, it has become a bit over-popularized. But those of you looking to waltz down the aisle or dance your first dance to this song don’t give up yet, give it a minute or two and it will be "new" again.

Pick-up skirts: Agreed... next
Tomorrow, New Skool
Credits:
Invitations courtesy of White Aisle.
Wedding Gown courtesy of My Angels Wear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails