Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Planning: The Dress 2012

Bridal week has come and gone and I think by now I have finally exhausted majority of what's to come for Fall 2012 Bridal and here are my findings:

  • Sleeves: lace, sheer, short, long... I LOVE it. I am secretly plotting the wedding of a very very close friend of mine and these trends are right up her ally (wink)
  • Color: from blush to black every year finds designer embracing more and more color
  • Sparkle: need I say more...
  • Legs: I mean if it isn't the influx of more short bridal gowns we are now showing more leg with slits (slits from here to there)
  • Cover ups: bolero jackets and higher necklines offer some of our more traditional brides with mover coverage (again a plus for the wedding I am secretly plotting)
  • Patterns: designers are using fabric and sequins and are working the heck out of the bodices and skirts with very eye catching patterns and details (two snaps up)
Overall there were lots and lots of pretty dresses and brides are going to have a heck of a time picking "the one". So to give you a head start on your selections,  here are some of my faves:

Alfred Angelo

Alvina Valenta

Amsale

Anais Collezioni

Angel Sanchez

Angel Sanchez

Anne Bowen

Atelier Aimee

Dennis Basso

Eve of Milady

Hayley Paige

Ines Di Santo

Jim Hjelm

Lazaro

Lela Rose

Liancarlo

Maggie Sottero

Maggie Sottero

Marchesa

Marchesa

Marchesa

Monique Lhuillier

Pnina Tornai

Pnina Tornai

Rivini

Romona Keveza

Romona Keveza

Sarah Jassir

Sarah Jassir

Vera Wang

Yuki Katsura

Dennis Basso

Anne Barge

St. Pucci

* My favorite fall 2012 collection (so far) = Marchesa 


pictures courtesy of Martha Stewart Weddings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails