Thursday, October 27, 2011

I Love You Still...: A JunePlumm Event

Takiyah and Rob (or Team Rokiyah as I call them) were officially married on August 12, 2011 in a civil ceremony in the presence of close friends and family (& JunePlumm Events). They were scheduled to have their cocktail wedding reception two weeks later at a private loft in lower Manhattan. Scheduled being the key word here. Unfortunately due to Hurricane Irene they were forced to re-schedule the reception until two weeks later. I can't begin to tell you how bummed they were since family and friends had already flown into the city to be a part of the celebration. We were fortunate however, all of our vendors were on board to moving the date with NO objections.

Then...

Two days before the rescheduled reception, after all the vendors have been confirmed and all the final payments have been made, my bride called and said "Camille, I was just informed that the venue has been closed down and will not be open for our cocktail reception on Saturday..."...WHAT!!!!!!!. Did I mention this was two days before the date. Can I tell you how much I felt Takiyah's pain and sadness. I mean she was at the point of throwing her hands in the air and saying *#@! it!

Until...

I called her back 30 mins later and told her I secured another venue and all of her vendors were on board...AGAIN. So after prayer, excitement, sadness, more prayer, excitement, sadness again, even more praying, hustling, texting, re-organizing and reconfirming we were finally able to celebrate the wedding reception of Takiyah & Robert Thompson. Whew!...

Take a look at the event that almost wasn't:







I was overjoyed at smiling their smiling faces





WOW...I mean just look at these shoes!

I would be remiss if I didn't send an EXTRA LARGE thank you to Alex @ TenTon Studios in Brooklyn Navy Yards. When I called him with my clients story he was quick and eager to help out any way he could and I cannot thank him enough.  And to my other vendors:

Catering: Spoonbread
Photography: Justin Ifill-Forbes Photography
Cake: Kellz Cakez
Signage: Flair Designery @ Etsy
Flowers: Marine Florists
Draping: NY Lounge Decor
DJ: DJ Moet
Linen: All Affairs Rental
Favors: Rolling Pin Productions

From the bottom of my heart I want to THANK YOU all for your patience, understanding and for helping to put a permanent smile on the face of my deserving clients. JunePlumm Events puffy hearts you ALL!

And last but certainly NOT least, to Team Rokiyah. I know your marriage will be eternally blessed because no matter what you put God first, only wanted happiness for each other, rose above all the challenges and in the end came out on TOP.

I love you both...keep celebrating!

For more pics check our Fan Page Here


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love every detail. Congrats to the couple! Camille, you rock hon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails