Thursday, November 5, 2009

Planning: What are you Selling? What is your Artisty? What is your Passion?

...that is the defining question Preston Bailey asked a room full of hopefuls last night (11-4-09) at The Tudor Hotel hosted by The Learning Annex. From the moment Mr. Bailey walked in the room he held my attention till he made his exit for the book signing. Preston Bailey talked about his beginnings being "broke", early opportunities, pointers on being "in the business" and discovering and welcoming your passion. One (well three) things he said which struck a chord with me was, What are you Selling, What is your Artistry & What is your Passion?

Seems a simple enough questions, but is it really? Some of us go years before being able to fathom the answer to these three simple questions, while some of us know from birth. Me, I didn't always know that my passion was my passion. I just knew I loved planning parties, showers, weddings...any event I could wrap my arms around. The idea of taking a blank slate and molding it into a beautiful canvas worthy to be displayed in the Louvre (okay a bit much...but you get the point), excited me and made me happy. No matter the event. I loved the artistry of creating a great tablescapes pleasing to the eye while incorporating all the finer details. I loved selling my interpretation of the guest of honors vision. All of this before I realized what my passion was. And to be honest, I don't' recall even delving that deep into it prior to this event. But FINALLY, one day it hit me like a ton of bricks and here we are JunePlumm Events. Catering to the individual or couple looking to revel in the moment, not in the details.

So, I end by saying a special THANKS to Mr. Preston Bailey. A fabulous, wonderful, funny, captivating, visionary. You really took a room full of hopefuls and filled us all with desire and PASSION. And, to my readers, thanks again for taking this journey with JunePlumm Events. Without my clients, friends, family & colleagues believing in our PASSION, the journey would be lost.

Take a look at another highlight of my night with Preston Bailey:







That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails