Sunday, April 26, 2009

Parties: Happy Anniversary Mr. & Mrs. Segura


For as long as I have know her I have always promised to HELP plan her wedding. I knew she would be getting married but I was soooooooooo NOT prepared for what I was about to encounter. Fast forward a few years she walked into the office and said, Camille, Camille, I did it. I finally got my license. I said really, now you can drive? No silly; my marriage license. Huh...so what do you think about April 26 or May 3, 2008. I said for what!...My wedding! Oh did I mention the day we had this conversation was March 25...2008...So there I was, bound by my commitment to HELP and blinded by the thrill of the challenge (32 days).

And were off..we confirmed the date, booked the venue and bought the dress, all in the first week. Did I mention this is a low budget wedding. But I was determined, as a friend and as her Wedding Planner to make sure she had what she never knew she could have. And the results were, a chocolate brown and blue wedding held in the City Island.





By no means was planning this wedding easy as pie. We had some hurdles to cross. Despite my several confirmation calls and visits, the venue still double booked us. After all was said an done, We were compensated by being given the larger nicer space at no additional cost and catered free yummy hors d'ouvers. The linen rental company screwed up and delivered soiled linens. Because of the less than stellar products, I had to do some fancy foot-work with the linens as well as negotiated a refund for the cost ( I won by the way). The bridal gown that was supposed to be cleaned and ready for pick-up was clearly NOT. Well needless to say, that was taken care of. But all in all, despite the "issues" Mr. and Mrs. Segura had a wonderful wedding, one year ago today, that they both NEVER thought they would have. They were happy, they didn't have a care in the world and more importantly, they were MARRIED.

As the wedding planner, things did go wrong (behind the scenes). You can dot your I's, and others will un-dot it. You can cross your T's and others will uncross it. BUT, having a professional in your corner, who is calm, organized, swift and working on your behalf will make the difference in the overall experience. Aaaaahhhhh the life, it doesn't get any better than this.
So on this day, April 26, 2009 I would like to send a heartfelt
HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY
to Mr. and Mrs. Segura. I hope your days continue to be as happy, as joyous and as carefree as the the day you said I DO.
It was fun:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails