Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Planning: The Theme Team

I am in the beginning stages of "helping" my cousin plan a baby shower for a friend of ours. I use the word helping very loosely because it will be about two minutes before I take the whole thing over (even though we are in different countries) But for now, I am trying to refrain and leave the planning to my cousin (this is NOT easy).

Anyway, the honored expectant mom is a super duper girly girl, and loves to be well put together, so it is only natural that her baby shower reflects her super chic and fabulous style. To kick things off, the ladies are still trying to decide on a theme so I offered a few suggestions on designing a theme rather than picking a ready made one found in every party store.

I advised her that a theme can come from anywhere. If the mom-to-be loves lollipops, make that the theme. Set up a lollipop candy station, write thank you notes on round labels and affix them to the large round suckers. Use styrofoam, large dowels and colored cellophane to make giant lollipops as room decor. All these are super simple ideas not found in any pre-prepared baby shower ensemble, but they still make a huge impact. I challenged them to be creative and channel thoughts from memories of their relationship with the mom-to-be. Often, themes built from actual events are more memorable for all involved.

Stay tuned for more from this baby shower that I am helping to plan. This ought to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails