Friday, May 15, 2009

Planning: You Tell Me - What is your favorite part?

I watched 27 Dresses for the millionth time yesterday and was reflecting back on the scene where Jane (Katherine Heigl) and Kevin (James Marsden) were sitting in the bar and talking about their favorite part of a wedding. Well if you have seen the movie then you know they both agreed their favorite part is that they always look at the groom to see his face when he first sees his bride. So this started me thinking about MY favorite part of a wedding.

It was hard, very hard narrowing it down to one, but I must say one of my favorite moments is when the bride finally reaches the top of the aisle and her father presents her to her future husband. I love to watch as the groom reaches out his hand to the bride and the bride looks down and holds her dress so she can take that first step into her grooms hands. When she finally takes her grooms hand, she takes that first step towards him and they look into each other's eyes, and then they both smile. Tear,tear, sniff, sniff, sob, I LOVE IT. I find the moment so chivalrous like he is rescuing her from ... EVERYTHING.

What is YOUR favorite part?

2 comments:

  1. I too love the exchange as my favorite part. The significance is more than ceremonial, rather, to me it represents the move from childhood into womanhood. As a daddy's girl myself, it stipulated my right to be a partner in a relationship that will equate into motherhood.
    That brief move, cemented this author as women- no longer daddy's little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 15, 2009

    I just have to say first, that movie was fabulous and that specific part in the movie was my favorite. I also would like to include that your favorite part was just beautiful. I say this because at that moment when a bride takes her husbands hand, it’s like she’s giving herself whole hardly to protect her for the rest of her life.

    Now as for my favorite part, Ladies I’m STUMPED I think the best of the wedding was already said. I just can’t even process what would be the best part of the wedding when something as beautiful as what Miss A Little Bit A’This just said.

    -HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails